Thursday, June 6, 2013

Seasons of Bounty

After finishing the chores this weekend, I had some time to reflect on the upcoming harvest.   I nabbed some zucchini for the evening's barbecue. I think I'll get about a fruit a day from the plants the way they're going now.  What else can I see...



I counted 13 ears of corn on the 7 stalks in our 4-foot long cornfield. We'll have some with the coming weekend's barbecue...I'm going to smoke a tri-tip in my new smoker. I think there will be more than that as the season progresses, too.



The chiles are showing fruit...



...while the plumerias bloom.



Our heirloom tomato is climbing in its cage while the sweet onions are maturing to the right.



For a long time, I didn't think this jalapeño was going to make it but we'll have some good salsa after all.



The guava tree is in bloom, we're hoping for our first crop in three years.



On the flower front, this epidendrum is back in bloom...



Mr. Lincoln is going on his third bloom of the season, with backing from the Lincolnettes...



...and this unnamed yellow rose is on its second.

 


Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment