Thursday, June 20, 2013

Recipes for a Cheapskate: Grilled Buttermilk Herb Chicken


I'm picking two ears of corn, two zucchini, a handful of oregano (that I dried last week), Rosemary, and garlic chives

Now I need to incorporate all of this into a meal.


First, I'm using chicken thighs for the primary portion of the meal. I'm soaking them in buttermilk for 4 hours first. 

Next, I crush up all the herbs and mix with a cup of flower.

I Take the zucchini, slice up, put into a plastic bag with salt, pepper, a tablespoon of olive oil, and a half teaspoon of hot mustard.  I close the bag and toss it all up before wrapping in foil.



I dredge the chicken in the herb/flour mixture, pick a couple of ears of corn, and then toss everything on the indirect side of the barbecue and cover with the lid.



Cook for 20 minutes, then put the chicken over the direct heat of the coals for 3 minutes on each side, then serve.




Darryl
Copyrights 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment