You can find a lot of lists of the best restaurants in Los Angeles such as Jonathan Gold's 101 Best Restaurants, the L.A. Weekly's 99 Essential Restaurants, and Eater LA's 38 Essential Restaurants. All good lists but also very heavy on Central Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley, and the Westside.
What's missing are places most of those people pretend don't exist like the non-Asian parts of the San Gabriel Valley, the Inland Empire, Orange County, and more.
We're going to do our bit to rectify that here at the World on Wheels as we present our top restaurants...the inclusive list (click on the links below for a full report).
1. Joey's Red Devil Pizza - La Verne
2. Tony's Little Italy - Placentia
3. Centro Basco - Chino
4. Taylor's Cafe - Chino
5. Little Tokyo - San Dimas
6. Daikukoya - El Monte
7. Eureka! - Claremont
8. In 'n Out - Baldwin Park and beyond
9. The Sycamore Inn - Rancho Cucamonga
10. The Bull Pen - Redondo Beach
12. Bierstube at The Phoenix Club - Anaheim
13. The Hat - Alhambra and beyond
14. Capri Deli - Covina
15. Old World Deli - Covina
16. Donut Man - Glendora
17. Miss Donuts and Bagel - La Verne
18. Sweet Jill's - Seal Beach and Long Beach
19. Porto's Bakery and Cafe - Glendale and beyond
20. Bert and Rocky's - Claremont