Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Chiles, Sweet Onions, and Corn...Oh My!


Harvest season continues here at Cheapskate farms. Although, I don't have time to cook it this weekend, I need to harvest the corn before it's too late.



Out in my 4-foot cornfield, five stalks continue to grow.



Here are a couple, with ears sheathed in red husks (although the kernels are still yellow).



Our Serrano chiles are turning bright red, so I'll pick those too.



In the onion patch, the bulbs want to be picked so bad, they're pushing their way up through the soil.



I'll pick these for now and save the rest for later.



And here is this week's harvest, 4 ears of corn (one is hidden), sweet onions, and Serrano chiles.

There're still three ears of corn left that can go another week or two, tons of chiles, and two more groups of sweet onion bulbs to pull up after we eat these.




Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment