Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Too Hot to Handle


I had a slate of chores to do this weekend but a heat wave hit and temps spiked to over 110 on our patio (that's about 44 degrees for my European friends). 




Had to take a breather and take it back up next weekend. The lawn did need mowing but I just hit the worst spots with the weed whacker. 



This zucchini was in danger of going overripe, so I went out and got that too before I died of heat stroke. It's big enough for the three of us to feed on for a week.

I'll try to pick it back up next weekend...


 


Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. 110? Yikes! We had a couple of days that edged up to just over 100, but this week it's back down to the mid-90's. It's still not pleasant; the dog days of summer have arrived. At least your zucchini doesn't seem to mind!

    ReplyDelete