Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Giving the Green One More Try


About a month and a half ago, we overseeded the front lawn with a new heat-tolerant strain of grass seed.


Winter rains have been coming in regularly at a rate of about 1 storm every week and a half.  This provideds a great soaking and the first one came right after I seeded the lawy.

I've added my own water, via a ten minute sprinkler session, about once in between each storm.


This is how the new grass is looking now, I think it will be ready for its first mowing this weekend.

I haven't started my lawn mower since September, since the grass went completely dormant after I stopped watering due to our water rationing restrictions.  I just hope it will still start.


After that, I'll need to work on de-thatching those brown spots of St. Augustine grass.

Darryl
Copyright 2016 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment