Monday, September 24, 2012

Herbal Essence

Not much to do in the garden this week except to relax and enjoy it a bit. I'll have some more work to do next week.



Today, I'll give you a tour of my wife's herb garden. Not really a specific garden...we just grow them wherever they fit. Above is some basil, which is always good on pizza and pasta.



Speaking of pizza, we've got a couple of plants of oregano which also adds some good flavor to my salsa.



Here's some mint in bloom. Good with tea and a prime ingredient of albondigas.



Marjoram and another oregano on side...



...and thyme on the other.



We'll spice things up with some hot peppers, which are just starting to come in.

 


Darryl
Copyright 2012-Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

  1. Nice visiting your Blog this evening. Basil is one of my favorite. Goes on anything and everything - except maybe breakfast foods and ice cram, well maybe that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the visit. My wife uses the basil on almost everything. I use garlic chives (which I covered on another post),oregano, and chile peppers the most.

    ReplyDelete