Monday, June 13, 2022

Classic Post: Tim's Trip Planning 101


Angel Stadium

One of my biggest passions in life in sports, particularly baseball. As an avid fan, I have set out on a journey that many other baseball fans have done as well...to visit every stadium in Major League Baseball. So far, I've been to 16 and it's time to continue adding some more. That means time for another vacation!


For the first time ever, I'm in charge of planning the trip. You will see what it's like to make something like this happen when your a travel planning rookie. So let's get started shall we?


The first step is to look at the schedules of the teams which I still need to see. That step has already been done. The remaining teams on the list are the A's, Rockies, Rangers, Astros, Twins, Brewers, Braves, Marlins, Rays, Cardinals, Royals, Reds, Nationals, and Orioles. After looking at the schedules and the remaining teams on the list, we're going to the Midwest for our next installment of stadium fun. It will include the Cardinals, Royals, and Reds,


So now that I've figured that out, the next step is to pick a good time to go. There are a few things to consider for this step. First, being that these cities are in the Midwest, it should be at a time when the weather is not blisteringly hot. With that in mind, I've focused on the month of May, when it is still Spring and temperatures should be relatively comfortable. Second, I have to figure out when the respective teams will be at home throughout the month and see what would be the best way to go. This is the step I am currently on. After that, I will have to buy the tickets for airfare and the games, book hotel reservations, and see what else there is to do in these cities because it can't all be baseball. St. Louis has the Gateway Arch, Kansas City is famous for its barbecue food, fountains, and the Negro Leagues Baseball Museum. So that's where I am at this point and there is still a lot of work to be done to make this trip a reality next Spring.


Keep watching for the next installment of Trip Planning 101.


-Tim 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment