Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Retooling for the Road Ahead



Technically, this blog has always been about the special needs/caregiving lifestyle but has always really been about 95% travel and maybe 5% something else. We also have some other blogs but they've kind of gone into hibernation over the years, mainly due to low readership...it's kind of disheartening to pour all the hours needed into writing, formatting, and posting when you end up with only 3 or 4 views.

We don't have that problem here at The World on Wheels, thanks to our wonderful followers and fans, we get plenty of traffic. A problem is here, however, and...like everything else this year...is Covid 19 related: travelling is very limited right now and we need to expand our horizons.

There have been times in the last few years, also, where the hassle of traveling gets in the way. Resort fees, crowded airport with security line nightmares, expensive hotels, service cuts, and bad customer service have had us asking if it was all worth the expense and effort. I have to admit that I've often wondered what it would be like if we just stopped traveling.

With the virus pandemic and it's attending shutdown orders, I no longer have to wonder. It really hasn't been bad and I haven't missed it.

Does that mean I'm ready to hang up my passport and stay home? Not on your life but I am dialing it back quite a bit. From now on, I really don't want to waste a lot of money, effort, and time on a trip that is lackluster. 

What does that mean for the blog? 

To freshen things up, we're going to expand on our original plans to be more of a lifestyle blog...those stories from our other blogs about cooking, gardening, entertainment, etc., will be run on this blog, too, on the days we usually don't post travel stories. The World on Wheels will become more of a world and not just about traveling.

Stay tuned for more as we expand our world and, as always, you're welcome to follow along and let us know how we're doing.

Darryl Musick
Copyright 2020 - All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. Also, I don't think you need to travel far. I have enjoyed your wine tours as a cousin and I are planning a Cali wine excursion. They have provided us with some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, I don't think you need to travel far. I have enjoyed your wine tours as a cousin and I are planning a Cali wine excursion. They have provided us with some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete