Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Pasta Parma Verde


You know the dilemma...what'll we have for dinner? That one question causes so much stress for a family cook. What will I do for my family for dinner?

We all want to cook a great meal and not just serve the same thing, time after time...no matter how good it is.

That was my quandary this Sunday morning as I perused the freezer for something to thaw for dinner. At first, I pulled out a smoked ham hock but I just wasn't feeling it.

Before I resigned myself to ordering a pizza or going out for burgers, I went to Claros', our local Italian deli, to see if I could get some inspiration.

Claro's never lets me down, and today is no exception.  

With a package of some super premium Parma ham in my hand, I headed home to make the following dish for dinner.



INGREDIENTS
4 oz. egg noodles
4 oz. casarecce noodles
1/2 pound Parma ham, thinly sliced
half a bunch of spinach leaves
2 stalks of broccolini finely chopped
4 small,green onions finely chopped
1/4 cup quattro formagio or parmesan
1 ounce (quarter stick) butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup half and half
2 tablespoons soft goat cheese
1 teaspoon minced garlic

Put water in a large pot (5 quarts or so) and start heating towards a boil.



Put a sheet of wax paper over a plate.  Hand-tear the Parma ham into small pieces and place on the was paper.



Spread the ham out evenly. Save this for later.



Heat the olive oil in a saute pan on high heat.  When hot, add the spinach.

Put the pasta into the boiling water. Cook until al dente (about 9 minutes)



Add the green onions and broccolini. Cook until the broccolini softens.


Turn the heat down to low/medium and add the garlic and quattro formagio. Mix in thoroughly.

Add the goat cheese.  



When the goat cheese is melted, add the ham and mix in very thoroughly.  



Turn off the heat, wait two minutes. Add the cream and stir in.

When the pasta is done, drain and mix into the sauce.

Darryl
Copyright - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment