Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A Mysterious Chile Lovin' Varmint


Each year it seems I face new challenges with the garden. This year are varmints. Some obvious, like the deer who are eating my roses, and some not so obvious.

The not-so-obvious one is the mysterious creature that lives under our water heater. Our pest control guy said to put bricks around it to block it's lair.


But, it just digs a new hole under the bricks.

It only comes out at night, so I haven't been able to see it yet. Only the damage it leaves behind.


Here, you can see my Anaheim chile plant, which miraculously still produces even with 90% of it's leaves chewed off.

It's pretty much decimated my much-anticipated pasilla chiles but I'm not giving up yet.


I've filled a pot with mix and transplanted the best looking of what's left of the pasilla and put a spare dripper on it.


I've hung on the wall, out of the reach of a certain night-seeking, ground dwelling creature...I hope.

Stay tuned.

Darryl
Copyright 2014 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment