Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Orchids Are Coming!



Just a little preview of what's to come. This orchid, about the size of a dime, is dendrobium kingianum. Native to Australia, I got a five dollar cutting at the Santa Barbara Orchid Show. It's very easy to grow and, apart from the tiny flowers, very spectacular.



More dendrobiums...one of the easiest orchids to grow...will be blooming soom.



Also this week, I planted some cherry tomatoes in this basket.



Hanging outside our laundry room, I put an emitter on it an hope to have a crucial salad ingredient in a couple of months. I will have a more complete report on this project later, note how I left some of the "straw" sticking out so the birds can have a little nesting material and we have a bird viewing platform.



On the rose front, Mr. Lincoln...the king of classic red roses...is now in bloom.



Look at the size of this bloom, it completely covers my hand.



And, finally, here's an In-n-Out rose...a double Double Delight.




Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment