Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Springing Back Into the Season


Our patio thermometer hit 90 this weekend, spring is just about sprung.  Here's what's opening up this week in the Cheapskate's garden. 


Above, this cymbidium is a cross between tethys 'black magic' and voodoo.



When we moved into this house 17 years ago, I completely ripped out the landscaping, except for three camellia plants. I don't know they names but they bloom reliably every winter, like this red one above.



Here's a pink one at the other end of the garden. They love shade and damp ground.



This yellow rose is the first bloom of the season, it's been about 6 weeks from prune to bloom. Notice the aphids, I'll be doing a post on that soon.



I'll finish up with this lavender plant that I hoped to shape a little bit during the off season but too late now.




Darryl
Copyright 2013 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment