Sunday, February 12, 2017

THE COCKTAIL HOUR: Ruby Margarita



It's a pleasant Sunday afternoon, temps in the 80s and edging toward 90, and I'm trying to think of something good to drink. Browsing the web, I see it's Nationa Tequila Day (last Sunday, July 24th).  Well...I must celebrate.


Watch the Video!

A little more browsing and I find an intriguing recipe...the Ruby Margarita.  It turns out very good, is only about 150 calories, and loaded with anti-oxidants so I can feel relaxed and good about myself during this afternoon's Cocktail Hour.


Here is the recipe...


INGREDIENTS (two drinks)


Juice of 2 medium limes (or 3 small limes)
3 oz. tequila
1 oz. agave syrup
1 oz. brandy
4 oz. pomegranite juice or cocktail


In a cocktail shaker half filled with ice, mix all ingredients. Pour pomegranite juice in last...fill to the top with it.  Strain into two ice filled highball or pint glasses.

Cheers!


-Darryl

No comments:

Post a Comment