Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A Weighty Harvest Indeed


There are so many tomatoes on our plant that it is weighing it down and blocking my son's access on our path. It's in a cage but the cage is no match for this vigorously growing plant that's full of fruit. 

What a wonderful problem to have! Let's see what I can do.



I take a couple of stakes, push the cage up against the wall as hard as I can, and pound the stakes through the cage and plant to hold it up to the wall as best I can.



Eh, it's not perfect but at least it clears up a bit of the path.



It also helps to pick off some of that fruit that's weighing it down.



I'll also get some chiles and cherry tomatoes while I'm out here.



And the basket holding today's harvest looks like this.




Darryl
Copyright 2015 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment