Thursday, July 2, 2015

Recipes for a Cheapskate: Stuffed Pasilla Chiles


First harvest of 2015!



These two chiles came from this plant that I gave up on two years ago. It's a survivor, though, and it starting to to produce some great looking peppers.



The chicken wire is to prevent squirrels from eating the leaves. They don't care for the fruit but will decimate the leaves if I don't do something.

So here's what I'm going to do...



Slice an opening down the middle of each chile and cook on a comal (a hot flattop).



Once they're blistered up pretty good, try to remove the membrane that sits on the outer layer of the chile.



Fill each one with cream cheese and bacon.



Cook right on the grill on indirect heat.



Serve and eat.

It's kind of like stuffed bell peppers but I find the taste richer, a bit spicier, and they don't give me heartburn like the bell peppers do.




Darryl
Copyright 2015 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment