Tuesday, July 22, 2014

An Early Harvest


This will probably be my biggest harvest this summer. 

While the squirrels decimated my zucchini...I will not get so much as one squash this season...at least the tomatoes and grapes pulled through.

The grapes are usually end-of-summer but this hot, drought parched year made them come in early. Very early. But we did get a good crop. The bunches above represent the last of this year's.



The tomatoes are just starting to come into their own. The rodents attacked them early in the season, even uprooted the vines I have now, but I guess tomatoes aren't to their tastes after all because they've pretty much left them alone since then. 

Now the plants are recovering and producing fruit.


Luckily, the dragon fruit grow on spiny cactus stocks, so we can count on a few fruit from time to time from that.



It won't be long til we're picking Meyer lemons too.

Darryl
Copyright 2014 -Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment