Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Tuesdays With Letty: Kara's Korner


Tuesday night is respite night for my wife and I. My mom comes over to sit with Tim for a couple of hours while we can get away and forget about caretaking and go out to dinner by ourselves.

This week, it's Kara's Korner, one of my favorites for comfort food.  It's a small Jewish deli in Glendora, California that's probably more of a diner.

When I have a cold, their matzoh ball soup is my favorite medicine.


Tonight, I am feeling fine so it's their wonderful rare roast beef sandwich for me.  While I've had better roast beef sandwiches in my life, right now this is the best I can get in the area.

On a soft, pillowy French roll with actual rare beef. Most other sandwich shops around here use well done beef, not nearly as good.  You have to remember to ask for the tomato which is not automatic on this sandwich.



My wife has this veggie omelete, which she described as delicious.

Kara's Korner is on the corner of Foothill Boulevard and Glendora Avenue in downtown Glendora.

Darryl
Copyright 2015 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment