Thursday, October 4, 2012

Recipe for a Cheapskate...Sausage and Eggs - Garden Style

A lot of you enjoyed my earlier post on garlic chives.  Here is my favorite way to use them.



Cut a couple of leaves.



Rinse.

Chop up some sausage (I'm using Trader Joe's Chicken Andouille Sausage). Heat up in non-stick skillet (I spray with olive oil first at medium to low). Chop up your chives and throw on top of sausage. Mix two eggs in a bowl with a 1/2 teaspoon of milk and salt. 




Turn heat on skillet. to medium-high.When sausage starts to sizzle, pour egg mixture on top. Sprinkle about a tablespoon worth of shredded cheese on top. Scramble vigorously until almost done.  Plate it and wait 3 or 4 minutes for it to finish cooking.



Then enjoy!

Darryl
Copyright 2012 - Darryl Musick
All Rights Reserved

2 comments:

  1. I use fresh chives a lot in cooking. Love the flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, i love that! I also have some pots on our aircon ledge at my 5th floor window and i have a pot of spring onions which i use just like yours!

    ReplyDelete