Wednesday, February 3, 2016

CEREBRAL PALSY STORIES: Going On The Record With My Disability


As many of you who follow this blog may or may not know I was born with a disability known as Cerebral Palsy.  As the mission statement of this blog points out I have had Cerebral Palsy from the the time I was born 29 years ago.  

The effects of Cerebral Palsy are wide-ranging for those who have it.  Some Cerebral Palsy individuals require the use of a wheelchair like myself. Others can walk with the assistance of a walker or crutches. There are also others who require the use of assisted speaking devices to communicate with family and friends.


I can't speak for others individuals who live a normal life, but what I can tell you is that I try to make the most out of my life each and every day regardless of the challenges that come from living with Cerebral Palsy.


I don't want to bore you with a laundry list of personal challenges I've faced over the the years because it would take a long time and I don't want to write a novel.  Not to mention that they are personal.  Instead I'll share some stories from time to time under this new series of posts entitled Cerebral Palsy Stories.  I'll do my best to come up with some good and interesting ones.  Hopefully these stories can shed some light on what it's like to live life with your own set of wheels.

Tim Musick
Copyright 2016
All Rights Reserved








No comments:

Post a Comment